American Cancer Society
Duration: July 2015 – December 2015
Due to over growing competition amongst non-profit cancer-fighting organizations driving down donor revenue, ACS wanted to evaluate the viability of launching an ACS brand “seal of approval” licensing program, which would drive awareness and royalty revenue.
ACS also wanted to help consumers identify which products in the marketplace are truly effective in preventing cancer.
- Conducted a brand audit to understand the core equities and positioning
- Developed a “universe of categories” from which to evaluate potential licensing opportunities
- Identified the top categories that best align with their mission to extend the ACS brand
- Prioritized categories by potential consumer engagements, royalty revenue and interest
- Identified 2 to 3 prospective licensees for each category and define an expected set of licensing deal terms
- Estimated the total sales and projected revenue for each category
- Projected the costs to implement the program and the return on investment
- The American Cancer Society obtained a list of 7 fruitful and relevant categories to extend its brand, enabling ACS to tell its story in a powerful way.
- Developed a phased strategic licensing program to help elevate the ACS mission, raise awareness and continue to build loyalty with underserved audiences generating $143.4M in branded sales by 2020.
- Identified partnership opportunities that generated significant royalty revenue streams and a minimum 300% return on investment.
- Evaluated subsequent phases to further expand ACS outreach, delivering significant additional revenue with “out of pocket” cost per dollar decreasing to 47% by 2020.